Friday, October 15, 2010

Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day...



Today is our day.
How sad that there has to be one.
However I am grateful for it.

Last year this time I had delivered Claire only 14 days earlier. I was at a complete loss. I found a few sites and blogs and began searching for more information and found out about the month of October being Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month and about today, October 15th, being Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. I found out about the “Wave of Light” and began posting it in my Facebook status a week ahead of time. I still have no words to describe the outpouring of love and support we felt that day and in particular that night during the candle lighting.

This year I am still quite emotional. This month and this day stir up so much. However this year I am so very thankful for the amazing, outstanding, overwhelmingly supportive Babylost Community that I have become a part of. The messages and pictures and love that have been sent back and forth all over Facebook and through email amongst us is quite breathtaking.

So much love coming from so much pain...

I am so sorry that we all share this common bond yet am so grateful to be lucky enough to have met you all. I will think of each and every one of your sweet babies tonight as I light my candles.

Today we remember all babies whom we carried but never met, all babies born sleeping, those we have held but could not take home, or those that came home but did not stay nearly long enough. Please light a candle this evening at 7pm (your local time) to support those families who have lost.

Little Love ♥ Claire ♥

xo
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved