Sunday, October 24, 2010

Day 24 of “Thirty posts in thirty days”...



Day 24 - where you live

I live in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, Canada. (That is east of Alaska for all of my American friends!)

I moved here with my mom from Newfoundland (all the way across the country!) when I was 2 years old. With the exception of a one year move in grade 6 and my college and university years this has always been home. I cannot see leaving anytime soon... however my husband may have something to say about that in the future! Until then this is home.

It is small. It is comfortable. It is pretty convenient... as long as you get out of the territory to go shopping once in a while! It is unbelievably cold and dark in the winter which makes everyone here question why we do in fact stay and then come the summers filled with 24 hour sunlight and it makes us remember what keeps us here!

To find out more about my corner of the world you can refer to my Indelible Ice Images page where on the bottom right hand column I have a few links to let people know where their pictures come from. And yes... we are home of the Ice Road Truckers for any fans out there!

XO
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved