Monday, October 4, 2010

Day 3 of “Thirty posts in thirty days”...



Day 3 - a television program that helped you either get through hard times or that moves you.

Without a doubt the answer to this question is “Modern Family” who’s tagline is “One big (straight, gay, multi-cultural, traditional) happy family.”

What’s not to love?

The show caught our attention from the premiere episode! Andrew and I have quite different tastes in t.v. shows (well, more like I really enjoy most programs and there is not a lot that he will sit down and watch.) This turned out to be one that we could both sit down and watch together.

The evening we were in the hospital waiting for our Li’l Peanut to be born Modern Family was on t.v. It was great to have some comic relief but so difficult at the same time because I would laugh and then the guilt would set in knowing that I probably shouldn’t be laughing as I waited for the contractions to begin to deliver my dead baby. Pretty cruel.

Our little girl was born a few hours later and we named her Claire. It wasn’t until the next Wednesday that I realized that one of the main characters is also named Claire.

We continue to watch every week.
We continue to laugh hysterically.
And I continue to get a little twinge in my heart and my tummy every single time I hear the name Claire. But I love it and I cannot stop watching!
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved