Sunday, October 3, 2010

Day 1 of “Thirty posts in thirty days”...



Day 1 - a song that reminds you of your child, or one that you can't listen to anymore and why.

A song that always reminds me of Claire is “Tattoo” by Jordin Sparks. While the majority of the lyrics are based on lessons learned from the end of a relationship, some of the verses ring in my ears and make me think of my baby girl and how I feel deep down.

To see the official video click here.

Below are the lyrics that speak to me:
_____

No matter what you say about love
I keep coming back for more
Keep my hand in the fire
Sooner or later,
I'll get what I'm asking for

Live every second like it was my last one
Don't look back at a new direction
I loved you once, needed protection
You're still a part of everything I do
You're on my heart just like a tattoo

(Just like a tattoo,
I'll always have you
I'll always have you,
I'll always have you)

If I live every moment
Won't change any moment
Still a part of me and you
I will never regret you
Still the memory of you
Marks everything I do

Just like a tattoo
I'll always have you
_____

And some day in the near future I hope to get a memorial tattoo done in Claire’s honour. I have the general idea of what I would like and the placement figured out, I would just like an artist’s input and flair added to it!
_____

*I did eventually get my tattoo done!
*You can find that post here.
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved