Friday, February 26, 2010

Shingles... not just for your roof...



Just how stressed am I?
Oh, my body decided to tell me.
Awesome...

“Shingles is a reawakening of the virus that once gave you chicken pox. For most people, that virus lays dormant, often forever, in the nerves near the spinal cord. In 10% to 20% of adults, it mysteriously “wakes up”, causing a painful, blistery condition called shingles. Why this happens is anyone’s guess, but a weakened immune system seems to be key - from illness, emotional stress, use of immunosuppressant drugs, or even the natural aging process (many of those who get shingles are over age 60).”   ~Best Health

Go figure that I would be the one to get yet another thing that only happens to a small percent of the population. Wonderful. Just another little something to add to my shit list.

 
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved