Monday, April 12, 2010

Curls O Fred...



A couple of weeks ago I stumbled upon a site called Curls O Fred (click here to link to Rachel’s site)...

“As and attempt to express, process, and grieve after the loss of my daughter who was stillborn due to placental abruption at 30 weeks, this blog will be my words, pictures, paintings, drawings in my long journey away from a mere existence to true living again.”

Rachel’s work is creative, deep, real, heartbreaking, uplifting and inspiring. Looking at her paintings, I feel her pain as my own. I relate to so many pieces as a Babyloss Mama. I get it. Her work makes me nod in agreement and think on a different level. It makes me cry for my loss and it brings relief to know that someone is able to put my words into pictures, poems and paintings.

Her latest is the piece above which she has come up with (along with several others) that will be with her for the March of Dimes Walk for Babies. I had tears in my eyes and a little lump in my throat when I saw that she had included my Sweet Baby Claire along with “all the many other babies that we love and miss.”

What you have done and continue to do in Lyra’s honour is beautiful, Rachel. Thank you for letting us in. Thank you, thank you. xo

PS March of Dimes Walk for Babies... does anyone have any information on any events that happen in Canada? I have tried looking on the internet but have not come up with much? I know it is too late for this year however I would love to find out more and possibly participate next year?

I applaud all of the many who have collected funds and will walk in honour of their babies and in honour of mine as well. It is much appreciated!
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved