Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Saved by the spotlight...



Yesterday I took my day home kiddos to watch my stepdaughter’s “Really Big Variety Show” at her school. I had all 5 of the kids sitting next to one another and I sat behind them so I could watch them all. A lady I once worked with at the school was in substitute teaching and it has been about 4 years since we last saw one another so it was great to have a quick catch up with her. She looked over and smiled and came to see which of the kids were mine and laughed at how I had them all lined up and told me how well behaved they were and that while it looked as though I had my hands full that I was obviously doing a good job.

And then she said...
“Looks like it is time to start trying for number 3!”

Thank goodness that at that exact moment the spotlight came upon the stage and I was saved. I know her well enough and know that she is compassionate enough to have heard the truth however it was neither the time nor the place to get into it.  But when is it, really?...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved