Thursday, November 26, 2009

It’s not you, it’s me...



My heart is shattered.

I am so happy for you all
Yet so sad for myself
I know the overwhelming joy you are feeling
I miss it so much

You lay your hand on your full belly
I don’t even want to touch mine
You feel your baby kick
My heart gets kicked

You are looking forward
I keep looking back
You are so close to getting everything you desire
My desire came and went
She is gone, and will never come back

Your heart swells
Your hands will soon be full
My heart and hands will still be empty

I hope you never see or sense my jealousy
I will never deny you of your happiness
You deserve every happiness
As difficult as it is for me
I want to share in your joy

Please continue to stand by me
Avoiding me makes it so much harder
I may cry for myself
But I am smiling for you

I hope you can understand
And that you can forgive me
Please believe me when I say
“It’s not you, it’s me.”

Author: Jaime MacKay
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved