Tuesday, February 21, 2012

But does your heart work?













My littlest guy Matthew will be 5 in April and will be starting Kindergarten in the fall (Say what?!). Today we went to Public Health for his Kindergarten screening where they check speech, reasoning, expression, eye sight, hearing, and they get a needle. My little man did so well... even during needle time!

Afterward, while sitting in the waiting room waiting out his 15 minutes to make sure he didn't have a reaction, he began asking about his needle and was intrigued that they were putting medicine into him not taking blood out of him... "Like the medicine 'goed' into my blood and guts?!"

This opened up a whole new line of questioning!

"Does blood help you breathe?"
"But what happens if I don't have blood?"
"But does your heart work if you have no blood?"

"Oh, right, we die because our heart breaks just like Claire's did."
"I wish we could have her and Lucy too, mommy."

"I like my band-aid! It's Lightening McQueen!"

So happy he still includes her.
So sad that it is only when we talk about broken hearts and death.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved