Monday, November 1, 2010

2 admissions and an oops!...



Andrew doesn’t speak about Claire as much as I do so in the last week 2 admissions and an oops took me by surprise!

One evening he was setting the alarm on his cell phone and was looking through his calendar and clicked on October first and flashed the phone at me and it said Claire... for her first birthday. Sweetness.

A couple of nights later he asked me how I was feeling about being pregnant again and admitted to me that he is afraid that I am going to develop postpartum depression as a result of not being happy with the baby we get (not unhappy about the baby in general just unhappy about the gender of the baby). I am happy he is sharing his feelings with me and I explained that I too am worried about my reaction one way or another but I honestly do not feel swayed as to whether I want a boy or a girl. Either way it will be bittersweet (as I mentioned in this post).

And then a day later we were looking over Andrew’s holidays for next year as we had to make a few changes and Andrew said, “Well, this week (Jan 24-31) I am taking off for Claire!” And then, “Oops, I’m sorry. I meant Cinco.”

It makes me happy to know that she is still on his mind. I know she is. How could she not be? We just don’t talk about her often if I am not the one to bring her up. And in this case, even an oops makes me love Andrew even more!!

XO

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved