Friday, March 14, 2014

#flashbackfriday...


An American Girl doll commercial just came on tv and it got me 
All. Choked. Up. 

Flashback to September long weekend 2009...

I went to NYC with my 2 besties and while there we went on a whirlwind 3 day tour 
which included a trip to the American Girl Place in Manhattan. 

I remember walking through the store in absolute awe! 
1) Choose a doll.
2) Pick out an outfit for the doll and one that matches for your little girl.
 3) Go to the salon to have your doll's hair done!
4) Daughter/doll photoshoot time!
 5) Then top off the day with a trip to the AGP café!
(Of course it wouldn't all have to be done in one day but... When in New York!)

I was *so* hoping that I was pregnant with a girl. 
I fell completely in love with the store and all of it's magical little girl beauty! 
I was so hoping I could go back with her someday.

I still feel those feelings. 
That awe.
That giddiness.
That longing for my girl.

Today the commercial came on and Lucy stopped in her tracks watching intently and then immediately began repeating, "I want that girl! I want that one on tv!"

I'm glad I have a little Rainbow girl to one day share that experience with.

Lucy's doll will have blond hair and blue eyes.

I still wonder what Claire's doll would have looked like....

1 comment:

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved