Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Local exposure...



I have so many ‘silly’ insecurities that have held me back from doing so many things, some of which have held me back from promoting Pregnancy and Infant Loss. For 2 years now I have wanted to start a support group of some kind, I have wanted to have a celebration on October 15th for Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day, I have wanted to get the month and day recognized on a local and territorial level and I have wanted to go to our local paper and radio stations to raise awareness... but... I have never had the courage...

I made small steps here and there in the last 2 years but am not persistent enough and I am afraid of not doing it things the “right” way and I am afraid of not having the “right” answers. But doing nothing isn’t going to get me anywhere either, “right”?!!

So when my fellow babyloss mom, JY, called to say that she had contacted our local newspaper and that they were interested in doing a write up and would I be interested in doing the interview with her??!! how could I resist?!

So we did it! We were interviewed this afternoon! The journalist was polite, respectful and informed as well as patient, caring and gentle. I cannot wait to read the article. Check Friday’s Yellowknifer if you have the chance!

Thank you, JY, for your persistence, bravery and encouragement! I could not have done it without you. And thank you to the Yellowknifer for taking on such a taboo subject and giving us a voice!!

XO
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved