Thursday, September 29, 2011

I thought it would get easier...



Can anyone tell me?
Does it get any easier as the years (yes, years!) go by?

Two years ago today I went to the doctor for my routine prenatal appointment and my doctor could not find a heartbeat. He was calm. He was realistic...

“I am not saying there is anything wrong but I will not tell you that everything is okay. We will schedule you for an ultrasound. Unfortunately it won’t be until tomorrow some time as it is so late in the day. I will call you with an appointment time. I am so sorry for the stress.”

And this is when I began to unravel. I had to go home and wait, just wait, and wonder, even though I knew deep down that my baby was gone. I could hardly touch my stomach knowing that it was more than likely that my baby had died. I laid awake for most of the night. We were told to go up to the hospital for 8am. I was up at 4:30... waiting...

XO
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved