Sunday, February 13, 2011

Her name...



I took Lucy in to visit my aunt at work a few days ago. Her coworker, an acquaintance of mine, called her Claire. It made me smile. I am glad she remembers her. I corrected her for Lucy’s sake though! And then 2 minutes later she called her Claire again! She caught herself and said, “Lucy, Lucy, Little Lucy!!” And then a few minutes later called her Claire once again! This time she kept going and didn’t seem to notice.

Each time she slipped and called Lucy Claire I couldn’t help but smile as I love hearing her name. Knowing that her little life made an impression on someone warms my heart.

And that is what people do to siblings, right? Mixing up their names is normal. I am glad Claire’s name gets to be thrown into the mix too!

XO
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved